Mid-Range offers a number of solutions for high availability and disaster recovery on IBM i depending on customer needs. If you are looking for a low RPO (Recovery Point Objective) and RTO (Recovery Time Objective) with relatively low bandwidth requirements across the network, as well as the ability to offload reporting and queries to a backup box while keeping production active, logical replication solutions using remote journaling like iCluster are a great option.
iCluster reads the system audit journal and database journals and uses remote journaling (or optionally local journaling) to send the transactions to the secondary or tertiary systems and apply them to the target database.
Advantages of iCluster:
- Easy to configure: Automates remote journal creation, auto registering new libraries, automatically fixing record level errors
- Faster results: High performance apply, faster IFS replication, multithread apply, faster access path rebuild
- Automated functions: Easy menu based switching, alerting, simulated role switching, easy configuration cloning, auto correction for journal mismatches, authorities and more
- New Apply delay: Delay the apply to give you time to correct errors/retrieve deleted objects
- Simple, processor-group pricing
- Command based as well as HTML browser based monitoring
Why iCluster with Mid-Range?
- Mid-Range has the former global installer for iCluster who has more than 15 years’ experience.
- Mid-Range has the former Manager of Development for iCluster, who has almost 20 years’ experience with the product
- Mid-Range manages many customers using iCluster as well as MIMIX and knows how to administer logical replication.
Contact us if you would like to see a demo or learn more about how iCluster can help meet your high availability needs.