Mid-Range offers a number of solutions for high availability and disaster recovery on IBM i depending on customer needs. If you are looking for a low RPO (Recovery Point Objective) and RTO (Recovery Time Objective) with relatively low bandwidth requirements across the network, as well as the ability to offload reporting and queries to a backup box while keeping production active, logical replication solutions using remote journaling like Mimix are a great option.
Mimix reads the system audit journal and database journals and uses remote journaling (or optionally local journaling) to send the transactions to the secondary or tertiary systems and apply them to the target database.
Advantages of Mimix:
- Self-healing audits of replicated data: Comprehensive, multi-pass, object-level audits, highly parallel CRC comparisons and out-of-sync objects corrected automatically
- Continuous monitoring of replicated data: unauthorized changes flagged and backed out and notification sent to administrator with identify of user responsible for the change
- Automated, customizable switch procedures: Enable switching at the push of a button, parallelize procedures steps wherever possible, customizable to meet the needs of your environment and templates available for user-defined procedures
- Intuitive, browser based interface: runs on any device with a browser, and provides single pane of glass management for your entire MIMIX environment
Why MIMIX with Mid-Range?
- Mid-Range has almost 20 years of experience installing and configuring MIMIX
- Mid-Range is the largest Syncsort partner in Canada
- Mid-Range manages many customers using MIMIX as well as iCluster and knows how to administer logical replication.
Contact us if you would like to see a demo or learn more about how MIMIX can help meet your high availability needs.